Friday, June 24, 2011

Life as we know it



It's been a very busy couple of months and I've been so busy with life I haven't had much time to share whats been going on. Face book only allows a small amount of text so this would have been 18 posts so I decided to post in my  blog instead. Well first I asked my girlfriend Michelle McCain to marry me and a few days later I got a note on my appartment door letting me know they wanted to rape me to live there so instead I bought a 3 bedroom 2 bath house in pflugerville close to the shop with a huge backyard. Midway thru buying the house we found out I was expecting my fourth child(please be a girl, please be a girl). This will be Michelles first child . We have spent weeks fixing up the house and moving in. The boys love their romms and Michelle loves the master bathroom. Right as we were about to finish all the moving last week my ex , Tina, noticed our youngest son was constantly thirsty and was grumpy when normally he's the sweetest child ever. Thank God she has a lot of medical knowledge and took him to see his dr. Nyjah was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and will need 5 or more insulin shots a day as well as a strict diet and schedule the rest of his life. Diabetes is a very manageable disease and with Michelle, Tina
, Ethan and the dr's help I really feel like we have been doing well with it . He's only been out of the hospital a day or so now but he's excepted the shots and finger pokes very well and plays just like he did before. Being in Dell's children's hospital was a wake up call for sure. Seeing children my son's age with cancer and seeing their families take it in stride made me feel petty for the amount of fear and sadness I felt about my own son's disease. In all honesty they will probably cure diabetes in my life time and I can only pray they can cure cancer. I will be marrying my wife on July 8th at the coast with just my boys and family present. I'm truely blessed to have such a great family and all the support in the world. I have great friends thru the shop and all over the world and hope I never take any of this for granted. I've truely had a charmed life and I hope Luke and Brenda and Chris are looking down and knowing I miss them but they are in my heart and along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment